- battery life; the sansa lasts weeks with out a recharge
- it clips onto my collar and I use a very short set of headphones
I use the Juice podcast receiver application to download and manage my podcast subscriptions. I have it rigged up to download new podcasts every day and delete any file over 14 days old (for some podcasts I set up a longer purge time).
I then have a batch file which calls xxcopy to sync the mp3 files from the podcast download folder on my laptop onto the sansa. Here is the batch file:
for /f %%D in ('wmic volume get driveLetter^, serialNumber ^| find "%sn%"') do set extDrive=%%D
if not defined extDrive echo Error finding external drive & pause & exit /b
xxcopy C:\Users\fuzzy\Podcasts "%extDrive%\PODCASTS" /KS/H/E/R/Q/BB/ZE/oD0/ZY/YY/EXC:\Users\fuzzy\Utils\podcast-exclude.txt[/code]
Now there are a couple of things which you'd have to edit if you were going to make use of this:
- plug in your mp3 player
- check what drive letter has been assigned to it
- open a cmd window (start -> run -> cmd)
- execute the following: wmic volume get driveLetter, serialNumber
- copy the serial number listed next to the drive letter of your mp3 player
- edit this number into the line in the batch file to replace my serial number: set SN=19088743
You'll also need to edit the paths to your podcast directory on your PC and the output directory.
The C:\Users\fuzzy\Utils\podcast-exclude.txt part is the location of a text file which contains a list of any folders which I don't want to include in the sync.